Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011 Food Network Magazine Recipe Success!

One would think that after nearly 6 months (SIX MONTHS!!) of posting a picture a day, I'd think ahead. Sometimes. Occasionally. Maybe.

Alas. Not again tonight.

Tonight I tried a recipe from the Food Network Magazine (Thanks, Kimber!) for a cheeseburger called a "Juicy Lucy" (pause for bad jokes with strong sexual overtones).

Basically you take a piece of American cheese and fold it into fourths. Then you put it in between 2 thin hamburger patties. Then you grill/fry them. Then you eat them and make happy noises.

If you look closely at the photo you can see that there are grease stains on the page. That's because CB, outdoor griller that he is, wanted to cook these wonder burgers on the grill. On the other hand, I, ruler follower that I am (oh come on, now, I follow rules when it comes to recipes) wanted to cook them on the stove.

In the spirit of what makes our marriage work, we compromised. I cooked 2 inside and CB cooked 4 outside.

They were all great.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I browned some onions in a cast iron skillet, then I fried the burgers. Oh, momma. The smell was indescribable. It was so good, it brought Luke to the kitchen wondering when supper would be done.


The Juicy Lucy with onions has earned a place in my recipe file.

It's in very, very good company.

No comments: