Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011 I Could Sell These.....



Pink Champagne cupcakes.


Oh. Yes. They. Are.


Found the recipe on the Betty Crocker website. I know, I know, what the hell was I doing on the Betty Crocker website?


I whipped up a batch this evening and here's what is crazy (one of the many things that makes this house Crazytown Central): I don't eat sweets and Luke doesn't eat sweets. So, basically I baked 2 dozen Pink Champagne cupcakes for Curtis. And Buddy.


There were 2 dozen on the counter.


I went to the garage to get my Tupperware containers.


There were 23 cupcakes on the counter.


Buddy was licking the floor.


Busted.


Anyway, I did sample one cupcake and it was good. The champagne flavor was subtle. I put sugar crystals on the frosting and they are really pretty. I think they'd be great for a wedding.


When I open my b and b across the street from Wamego High School, I plan to also open a cupcake bakery.


Could it be that I have watched one too many episodes of "Cupcake Wars" and "D.C. Cupcakes"?


Yes.

No comments: