Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 9, 2011 My Mom to the Rescue

I went to see my mom this morning; hadn't seen her all week and we needed to catch up. When I arrived, I commented that her tulips looked pretty. They are on the side of the garage and she doesn't walk out that way very often. We walked out there and she noted that the flower beds needed to be cleaned up. So, we cleaned them up! It was a beautiful morning and the perfect time to putter around in her flower beds.

Around 11, the phone rang. It was an acquaintance asking if Mom could arrange some flowers for a 50th wedding anniversary celebration later today. Mom said she'd be glad to. She's a retired florist and has an eye for flower arranging.

The lady showed up with a bunch of loose flowers from a cut-rate grocery store and told Mom that she needed the flowers arranged AND a bridal bouquet put together with 6 white roses.

And, could it be done no later than 1:00?

Mom got to work and I was her trusty right hand man.

Here is the bridal bouquet.

And here is the large flower arrangement.

Mom did an amazing job with what she had to work with. I uttered the phrase "Silk purse out of a sow's ear" more than once!

And she finished at 15 minutes until 1!

No comments: