Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 27, 2011 IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I had a great birthday!

Highlights include:

Lunch with Sheila at the Hillside Cafe. I got my Mexican food fix! Yummy, yummy, yummy. She even brought a chocolate eclair, put a candle in it and sang to me.

When I got home from work, I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes. I wasn't thinking that opening presents AFTER my walk would mean that pictures of me opening presents AFTER my walk would show how bad I look AFTER my walk.

But, I don't walk, sweat and swear so I'll look good in photos immediately after...hopefully the results will show up later!

My mom got me a great planter that is going to go in front of the house. I'll post a picture of it soon.

My mom also gave me some cookbooks/magazines. I love to meander through cookbooks. I bet I'm cooking up a storm in no time!


Several weeks ago when Mom and I went to Menards', I bought a bird house, thinking it was a wren house. (Turns out the opening is too big.) But, Mom kept the house and painted it for me.


It's too cute. I think I'll hang it outside anyway, and whatever birds settle in it will be okay with me. As long as they pay their rent on time, don't party all night and don't shit on the deck, we'll be fine.



And then there's Luke. He got me a pot shaped like a pitcher which is great because I collect pitchers. I can't wait to plant it. He also popped in some great shower gel, lotion and body spray.


Curtis gave me a game called "Name 5" - name 5 Tom Hanks movies, name 5 TV dads, name 5 sports you play without a ball, etc. It will be so much fun to play.


It was a great day.


Next year, however, I'll open presents and take pictures, before my walk.


Or after my shower.





No comments: