Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19 My Favorite Flower

I love lilacs.

I love that I live on Lilac Lane.

I love that I have a lilac bush in my front yard. When I'm in the front yard and the wind blows just right, the smell is heavenly. It's the smell of spring in Kansas. (You can't tell it's spring by the overcast sky and the temperatures in the 40s, that's for damn sure.)


When Curtis and I got married in May, 2004, I commented to the florist that when I was a little girl, I dreamed of having lilacs in my bridal bouquet. The florist put a couple of sprigs of silk lilacs in my bouquet which made it really special.



It's supposed to be cold tonight (freeze warning, I shit you not) so I may have to go out and cut some flowers. I think they are prettier in a vase than on the bush anyway! And smell way better!

No comments: