Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011 Hard Work

Finally, the day had arrived for CB and I finish 2 projects that had been partially done for awhile. CB had done much, okay, all of the prep work. We went to Menard's yesterday and got the supplies we needed, i.e. rock. Lots and lots of rock. Heavy rock. Rock that weighs a million pounds.

I kid you not.

In the front yard, there is a corner spot that used to have a butt-ugly bush. When we re-sided the house, I asked the contractor to pull that damn bush out. He did.

I did not think ahead about what would go in that corner. We put some rock in there and hoped for the best. The best did not come.

So, we pulled up everything and started over. New rock is down and when the weather warms up, we'll put several pots of flowers there. In the winter, we'll put some bird feeders. It will be lovely.

Before: After:
In the back, there is a spot under the landing of the new deck. I can't figure out what to do with the space, but last summer it was full of weeds and looked like crap. CRAP. I didn't even want to be on the deck because it looked so bad.


When I priced rock several years ago, it was going to cost more than I wanted to spend to put new rock down.


Menard's, enter stage left. Along with Grand Opening Sales! One of the sales was river rock. So, CB did the math, square feet = x amount of cubic feet, etc. etc., and we loaded up on river rock.


He had taken out all the old rock and washed it. We decided to put it back in, after we laid down black plastic and weed guard fabric, then top it off with new rock.

Before:

During and after:
I'm thinking about putting a fountain in this space. Maybe some planters. Maybe just leave CB there.

I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: