Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 23, 2011 Sarah and CB Go Grocery Shopping.



CB looks surprised, doesn't he? He had this look ever since I sent him to the front of the store for the second basket.


But, I'm getting ahead of myself.


CB played in a golf tournament today and I sat at the computer with cookbooks stacked next to me and planned out 6 weeks worth of meals. Then I did the shopping list. Then I copied all the recipes I'll need and put them all in a 3 ring binder.


CB was done with 18 holes of golf before I was done with the planning.


We went out to supper before shopping so we'd have the strength to get through the task.


CB did a pretty good job until the first basket was full and we had not arrived at the meat department or the frozen food aisles. When I sent him for a second basket, his eyes glazed over and he started muttering to himself.


I'm not going to tell you how much our bill was, but I will say that we saved $115 with coupons.


I belive CB has a new found respect for how the cupboards get filled at 901 Lilac Lane!

No comments: