Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9, 2011 The Tableau of My Life

This is what my life has boiled down to....broth, Kleenex, orange, water, Kindle. You can't see my blanket or the fact that I'm in my robe and slippers.

And then, riding in from the West, to save me from throwing myself out of my first floor window (I don't want to do any serious damage to the corpse, you know.), came Susan (of recent "Here's a boatload of chocolate" fame) bringing a bottle of Peach Schnapps.

A woman in her office says that it's just the thing for a cough. Well, that's what I need, "just the thing for a cough".


I'll let you know how it works.

But in the interest of true transparency...the last time I drank Peach Schnapps was the night of my senior prom (May, 1975). It wasn't so much the fact that I drank it, it's more the fact that I threw it up. Repeatedly.

Well, it saved me from losing my virginity.

No comments: