Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1, 2011 Something New!

What's new around "Say Cheese"? I am going to try to title each day in addition to putting the date. Let's see how that goes, shall we?

Now for today's picture. I was at an intersection in downtown Manhattan today and saw this marquee at the Wareham Opera House. As you may or may not know, Kansas State has a bit of a basketball team. Last night KSU played University of Texas, also known as UT. Not TU. Never TU.

Someone should have told the person doing the marquee. It's the same letters, buddy, you just got them in the wrong frickin' order.


I wondered for a moment if K State had played Tabor University, or Temple, or Tulsa, or Towson or Tauro. Never would it have occurred to me to think of Texas. UT. University of Texas. That's what it has always been. Never TU. WTF?

Part 2 of the marquee story. I pulled in to angle park in front of the opera house to jump out to take 2 pictures - about 10 seconds. I was half in a handicapped spot and half in a yellow zone. As I was taking the pictures, a car full of old people pulled into the handicapped spot. They were so close to my car that there is no way the driver could have opened his door if he wanted to. Fortunately, I was leaving so he could get out. I'm sure he was cussing me and wondering why some fat woman with a camera needed to park like a crazy, blind person in a handicapped spot.

At least it gave them something to talk about until bedtime.

No comments: