Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21, 2011 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROGER!!!

It's my brother's 60th birthday. My brother, Roger. The one in San Antonio. The one who denies he's my brother. The one who tells everyone he's an only child. Yeah, that brother.

He turned 60 today so the POTD needed to go along with that theme. I stopped at Kansas State Bank this morning to take a picture of the temperature because it was 59 and I thought I could make a joke about Roger never seeing 59 again, etc. etc. Right when I took the picture, the craziest thing happened. The temperature went to 60! How cool is that?

Back to my brother, his one claim to fame as far as I am concerned is that he was driving my dad's jeep back in the late 60s and I was tagging along with Roger and my other brother, Don. We were at the building site of Dodge City Community College. Roger hit a bump (I say intentionally) and threw my ass out of the Jeep. Right out onto the ground. I can still hear Don and Roger laughing their asses off. Fortunately, Roger did stop and let me climb back in.

He did not kill me. But I remind him frequently that I don't think there is a statute of limitations on attempted murder.

On the way home I noticed another 60....I was going 60 miles a hour.

Happy birthday, Roger. I love you! Except for when you try to kill me.

Now, this picture is just because Ryan and Luke cracked me up. One of my kids was highlighting the TV guide and the other was studying the Periodic Table of the Elements. Both were being goofballs.

I had to have a picture.

No comments: