Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15, 2011 Misplaced Protest

I do not understand, nor will I ever understand, why women exercising their legal right to get an abortion causes such an uproar.

This protest appears every year right about now. I'm sure young school children were coerced into participating without hearing the other, rational side to the abortion issue.

Every time I see such a display I wonder who is speaking for me? Or for those of us who support a woman's right to choose what to do with her body? Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like anyone is.

Maybe we need to find a street corner and put up a white cross for every unwanted child that is born and is abandoned or unadoptable or abused. Yeah, let's do that. I don't think there is street corner field big enough anywhere for that kind of protest.

What about crosses for all the soldiers and civilians who have been killed in Bush's senseless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Now, that would mean something.


No comments: