Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 5, 2011 At The End of the Day!


As many of you know, I am not a big drinker. Oh, I've done my time at the open end of a beer bottle, but I'm too old for the day after.

However, however, today I made an exception. A very big exception.

Scott Kohl is a friend of mine from Highland Community College. He's the Grand Master there and I am a lowly peon, but that works for us.

It looks like my American Government class is going to go this fall, and I wanted to talk to Scott about some changes at HCC/Wamego. We decided to "talk" at Rambler's.

I arrived at 5:30, half an hour behind Scott. We got down to business. His business: Crown and Coke. My business: Vodka and Cranberry Juice. Bartender: Emily.

Topic discussed: HCC, disc golf, hometowns, Catholic high schools, should we order nachos?, politics, why anyone would be a republican, Scott's history in Manhattan, rental properties, yes we should order nachos, what kind of shots (yes, that's shots, with an "s") should we try, isn't it funny how entertaining we are to everyone else in the bar?, and oh look, Curtis is here!

When I called Luke at 8:30 - to tell him I would not be home in an hour as I had promised when I left at 5:30 - I told him that he'd need to come get me when the time came. He said he would and hung up laughing.

I talked to CB at some point and he said that he and his golf partner (he played in a golf tournament this afternoon) were going to come down for dinner. At some point I turned to my left and he was sitting there. It was like magic!

I did have my wits about me at some point in the evening to go to my car and get my camera so I could have a picture of the day.

No thanks necessary.

No comments: