Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 16, 2011 Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I love rainbows. Doesn't this one look like it ends right at the Alumni Center?

Rainbows means there was some rain which means that there was some relief from the heat and drought.

One time when Luke was just a little guy, he wanted to chase a rainbow to see if we could find the pot of gold. We drove and drove and he would tell me where to turn and where to go. It was fun. We never did find that pot of gold but we had a great time looking for it.

Random rainbow information: I have 2 favorite scenes from "The Wizard of Oz". The first is Dorothy singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - - brings me to tears every time. Surely there is a place where troubles melt like lemon drops. Isn't there?

My second favorite scene is when Glinda sings to the Munchkins about Dorothy: "Kansas, she says, is the name of her star."

Kansas is the name of my star, too.


No comments: