Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Augsut 30, 2011 Playing School for Real



Back in the olden days, I used to play school all the time. I had pretend students and I'd teach them everything I knew -which back then, didn't take all that long.


Christmas and birthday gifts were often teacher supplies: red pens, a big blackboard, grade books, etc.


I loved to play school. I was going to be a teacher.


We all know what happened to that "dream".... I went to law school instead!


I have looked for ways to continue being a teacher. I subbed for a number of years while I was part time in the county attorney's office, for example.


Several years ago, I was hired as a adjunct professor at Highland Community College - Wamego Campus - to teach American Government and Criminal Law.


I love it! LOVE IT!


It's just like playing school only there are real people. And my classroom and bedroom are not the same place.


No comments: