Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 25, 2011 CB's Banana

I know, I know, you were totally expecting something else. Shame on you.

Did you know that you can write on a banana with a toothpick or the tip of a knife and it will turn brown where you broke the skin?

There it was: a poor, unsuspecting, nondescript banana on the counter, destined for CB's lunch box.

I couldn't let it go to the great banana beyond without giving it it's 15 minutes of fame.

For several minutes I thought about what to write.

"Save me"?

"My name's Bob"?

"Help! I'm being help prisoner inside this banana!"?

"CB, I like your banana"? (That was my favorite. I'm a little warped that way.)

"Your ad here"

So many choices and I went with "love you". Good for me.

CB thought it was funny.

But I'm sure at 5 a.m. this morning as he was putting his lunch together, he rolled his eyes and wondered why I don't have better things to do with my time.

With good reason.

No comments: