Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 17, 2011 My Favorite Bathroom

Tonight I had pizza with Jack and Tina Turner (not that Tina Turner) which I do every now and then because Jack and I get haircuts together. No, I don't know why and yes, I know it's sort of strange. But, at the end of the day, there's pizza so who cares?

The Turner's live in an old funeral home in Alma. It's a wonderful, huge stone house and I love it! One of my favorite rooms of the house is the bathroom on the main floor.

Sounds crazy, I know. Keep reading.

Jack built the bathroom under the stairs, so you know it's small.

Here's the door. You can see the stairs going up in the upper right corner.

This picture is taken from the door.

I told you the bathroom was small.

You might be asking "Where is the sink? How do you wash your hands?"


Never fear......Jack thought of everything.

You open the double doors above the toilet:


Then you slide the sink out - so it's over the toilet.


It's amazing. Sometimes I go in the bathroom just to wash my hands or play with the sink.


True story: I took my mom to Alma to see Jack's fence. While we were there, I kept asking her if she needed the bathroom. (She's 82, you never know.) Finally, I just said "Come look at this" and marched her into the house and showed her this crazy fun bathroom.


Not only is Jack the funniest human being on the planet, he is also pretty handy.


Tina is the most patient person in the universe because being married to the funniest human being on the planet is not easy. At. All. Tina will also tell you that Jack is only handy in very slow motion, but that's another story.

No comments: