Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28, 2011 Cleaning for Company

The Barnes are coming for Labor Day weekend. We haven't seen them since February so we have a lot of catching up to do.

Although they are family, they are still classified as "company" which requires, by definition, a certain level of pre-visit cleaning.

You know how when you clean for company, you clean things that usually you just ignore? Like those black finger prints on the front door (check), the table cloths on the bedside tables (check) and the tv remotes (check).

I must confess that I have (HAD) the dirtiest tv remotes in the entire universe. The. Entire. Universe.

Since companies a'comin', I had to figure out a way to clean them.

Without the assistance of the internet, I decided to use Qtips and rubbing alcohol (thanks, Luke, for the Qtips) to clean those babies up.



These are the Qtips from ONE remote. ONE of them.


YUCK!


Can I explain? This mess was from the remote in the kitchen. Keep in mind that I am a full contact cook so there are times when I have to touch the remote with dirty hands. I can' be bothered to wash my hands before changing the channel or adjusting the volume, can I? I should say not.


I certainly hope that when Roger and Karin arrive they will comment on the cleanliness of the tv remotes. They'll have clean sheets and towels, so it's not like they'll be on the lookout for anything clean, I just hope they notice the remotes.


Stay tuned. (oh, that's very nearly a pun!!!)

No comments: