Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 27, 2011


CB and I went to see "The King's Speech" this afternoon. CB was a bit of reluctant date, I must admit. He's more action/adventure than he is cerebrial/true story.


However, the promise of lots of popcorn won the day and he agreed to go. I think it also had something to do with no basketball games of interest on TV.


The movie was amazing. I LOVE Colin Firth. Love. Him. He's hot. A hottie. The accent is just an added benefit. Hot. Tee.
CB even said that he thinks it should win the Oscar for Best Picture. No, he has not seen any of the other nominees, so I wouldn't take his declaration to the bank. Yet.


After the movie, we stopped at Smashburger for the best burger we've had since the Hangin' Tree Saloon in Texas. Dropped by the Orange Leaf to see what the fuss is all about...it's all about frozen yogurt and toppings that will make you weep with joy.


This is how old people date. Just in case you were wonderin'.

No comments: