Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 24, 2011

These pictures don't do the scene justice. You have to imagine howling winds, snowing coming down horizontally, limited visibility. Colder. Than. Shit.




Now, the picture that didn't make it: I was in city court this morning and it was snowing like a bastard in Manhattan. Snowing like crazy. A girl walked in to pay a speeding ticket. Nothing unusual about that.

But, she was wearing short, short shorts (if she had a birth mark on either of her butt cheeks, I would have seen it) and little ballet slippers. Coat? Pluh-ease.

I reached for my camera, thinking I could take a picture without a flash. Got my camera out of my briefcase only to realize that the battery was at that moment being charged, in my kitchen, in Wamego. Damn it!

So, picture it, if you would. Then spend a moment wondering how that poor woman is capable of remaining upright.

Oh yeah, I had lunch with Paul Mintner! THE Paul Mintner! It was awesome, of course. He gave me such good advice, I think he should open a booth in the courtyard like Lucy in the Peanuts cartoon.

Advice for a nickle. A bargain.

No comments: