Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 20, 2011

Lunch with Jennifer is one of my favorite ways to spend 3 hours! We meet at the On the Border in Topeka where Jennifer orders our special....it's a 3 sauce chicken fajita burrito with only 2 sauces and no veggies. It's wonderful! I don't know why I have her pointing to the 3 sauce burrito in the menu....it just seemed like the thing to do. (It also made everyone waiting in the lobby turn and look.)

However, the conversation and laughs that follow are even better.

Jennifer graduated from KSU on the same day CB and I got married (5-22-04 for those of you keeping track). We've been friends since the day she got up her courage to come to my office and ask to "shadow" me. Jennifer was considering law school and wanted a taste of the legal profession. I think she got more than she bargained for since she didn't go on to law school, but hit the real world of MIS (Management Information Systems) at full speed.

Never giving up on her law school dream, Jennifer is starting the application process and hopes to be a 1L come August. She'll be a tremendous lawyer with a heart for justice and fairness and a goal of giving a voice to the disenfranchised. I'm proud of her!

The best thing about Jennifer is that she rolls her eyes at exactly the right time when listening to my stories about work. Well, that's not the best thing, but it's right up there with making me laugh until I cry.

No comments: