Thursday, February 17, 2011

February 17, 2011


These are some of the sharp objects my family had to hide from me this evening.

You know how you get ready to go on a trip and the week leading up to your departure is crazy? Frickin' Cray-Zee?

Then you are gone and you are sort of wondering what is happening at the office, but not really because you are drinking?

Then, you get back to the office and realize that you never should have left in the first place? That was my day today.

By the way, the knives I get. I understand the damage they can do. But scissors? An apple corer slicer thing? A potato peeler? After today, though, if I had to, I'd peel the skin off my wrists....

Nah, don't worry....this isn't a suicide note. I'll be much, much direct in my suicide note.

Highlight of the day? All bullshit aside? Was Paul Mintner stopping by because it's Political Scientist Day and he was hugging his favorite political scientists. And my dad said my degree in Political Science wasn't worth a good god damn.

Thanks, Paul!

No comments: