Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31, 2011 One Month!!!


What's it called when you can't go to work because work is closed due to ice? Not a snow day, certainly. An ice day? A miracle? Good karma?

I don't know the exact name, but Kansas State University was closed today because of ice - and more ice and snow (maybe 12 inches!) is expected.

I called my mom and said that Curtis and I would be over to check on her, get her newspaper and go to the grocery store. The picture is Curtis scraping the car windows while I sit warmly inside! We took the car that sits outside so if we wrapped it around a pole it wouldn't be that big a deal. Okay, so it'd be a big deal but less so than if we ruined our pick-up.

While the roads are icy and nasty and horrible to drive on, we made it okay to Mom's, to the grocery store, and back home.

I hear a book calling my name so I'm off to read. In the nature of full disclosure, very often I get confused between a book calling my name and taking a nap.

***Today ends the first month of my POTD project. I don't think I have ever kept a resolution this long. Any chance I could transfer this success into weight loss? Nah, I didn't think so.

No comments: